Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Meeting Wayne

L-R: TTB Eric, Ken, Jack, Coleen, Katol, Christian, Richard, Wayne, Chill, Tata, Yendy, Boying, ME and Gerry

If there was a guy whose achievements in running is as big as his humility, that would be my Dailymile (DM) friend, Wayne Plymale http://b2bwayne.blogspot.com/. A veteran marathoner and a Boston qualifier, I finally met someone whom you can look up to as an inspiration for all runners. In person! He might not be a Haile Gebrselassie of our time, but for who he is and what he has achieved represents more of the common runners that is us.


Dinner at Spice Fusion with TTB, SM City Northwing
Thanks to my friend Richard Ho for inviting him to come to Cebu for a quick visit. I hope that the Cebuano hospitality had made his trip memorable even how short it was. Well, eating balot and drinking Red Horse would have been one for his books!

Thanks for visiting us Wayne. We hope to see you again in 2012 for the Cebu Marathon!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gifford, thank you for the humbling post. You and everyone that I met during the four days in Cebu are the people and runners one dreams of meeting. The hospitality and the kindness I received was indeed a memorable experience. Definitely, it was a blessing to meet everyone and visiting a beautiful island such as Cebu is. It was special when I first met all of you through Daily Mile but really special when you meet everyone face-to-face. Since returning to San Francisco, in conversations with running friends here, the trip to Cebu and meeting the many runners is the first thing that gets brought up.

Yes, eating balot and drinking Red Horse was a part of the conversation when returning to work because a couple of co-workers saw the photos. But, they could tell we were having a good time, something that should happen while one is away on vacation. It was a little rough for me the day leaving the beautiful island. However, I know I'll be back soon!

If anyone from Cebu or from the Philippines, for that matter is coming to San Francisco anytime soon, please let me know. I'll be certain to give them a welcome that I received.

Thank you again Gifford and everyone. I'll continue to encourage, motivate and help out in anyway possible. Looking forward to the Cebu Marathon in 2012. That should be rewarding and fun. Have a good remainder of 2010 and a prosperous 2011!

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.