Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Day In Tabo-an

If your a tourist and would ask a local (Cebuano) where to buy gifts or "pasalubong", its a certainty that Tabo-an market would not miss the list. Here you find the a great variety of dried fishes among the best and cheapest in the country.



You also get to immerse ourself with the old Cebu, where people ride in horse driven carriages which nowadays can be as rare as a gem.







Save albeit for the well dressed and moneyed tourists that abound the place, much of Tabo-an has been a neglect down to the people who have been living in dire poverty ever since. It is one of the few places in town where a photographer with his expensive toys dare to shoot alone.




My instincts got the best out of me. No fear they say. I knew I could talk my way out of the situation by immersing in the people's livelihood. Besides I was with my buddy that time and had the tripod for a bat.LOL




Just as we thought that was about it, we saw some street children playing in the interior portion, approached them and ask them to pose for us. They gladly did and ended showing them their photos and giving them some pennies. We ended happy, glad that at some point that our wisdom to shoot in that place paid off. And so was the children that for one day they didn't have to steal their way for a meal....



No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.