Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Photoburst Photo of the Day-9/1/2009

For the third time in a two month period, I won Photoburst Photo of the Day! Hurray! Photoburst is a online travel photography contest among the different travel photographers around the globe. For many of us photographers, it is one of the most difficult to qualify noting that only a handful of Filipinos have made it so far in the gallery, me of course one of the lucky few. The great thing is that among kababayans that have made it so far, two of them are my friends my from Cebu, both top notch photographers in their fields, Jacob Maenz whose travel and Sinulog images have always been a two thumbs up for me and Allan Restauro, a good friend who opened the doors to this passion two years ago and has been winning the Sinulog competition year after year after year. Another great thing is that among all the Filipinos in the hall of fame, I'm the one with as many photos that landed in its front pages.Yepee!



I didn't expect to be chosen again as most of my selected photos, only a handful of them was uploaded way back months ago. This gives me renewed vigor that travel photography, since I love love to travel, is a field I should concentrate making just like my other new undertaking in documentary and humanist photography. Its doubly expensive to travel just to shoot but hey, we live to follow our dreams so I'll just swallow the pill and get over the money spent. But a least it should be worth it. Something my family would really enjoy. Without them tagging behind me would not be worth the trip. But were planning to add another baby so things might get derailed for a little while, not very long though, hopefully...crossing my finger.:)

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.