Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Date with Destiny



Take note of the date guys. The Cebu marathon 2010 is on. Its the first marathon in Cebu for so many years. Thanks to the Cebu Executive Runners Club for organizing it. To be held on January 10, 2010 as part of the Sinulog event, I was clearly expecting it to give time for avid runners like me to prepare for it. A four month preparation is more than enough to keep me at my peak by the first week of January. Its going to be a tough one and I hope the cool breeze of the month would help. Now I need a coach badly. It would help me correct my running form, improve my efficiency and hopefully my speed. I'm looking forward to get a time of 4:30 or lower in the run. A sub4 result would be a surprise and would bring much joy to me though but I'm not betting on it.



The route (photo above) will take up most of the major streets in Cebu. It shall pass all the major historical landmarks in Cebu up to the the boundaries of Cebu City and Talisay in the South Reclamation Project (SRP). It would pass the three sky bridges in the Archibishop Reyes Avenue which is probably in the 25K-35K just to make it more difficult and therefore a little more challenging as if running a 42K is not!haha

I'm ready for the enormous challenge. I've had several 10K and a 21K already and were running over 20K-32K in the within the next sixteen Sundays. Countless long slow distance (LSD) runs have taken its toll on my body, fought off several tendinitis and stave off shine splints for a month. Theres not looking back now. I'm in great shape. I would be running with at least 7 other persons on our team (YYKredit) which shall do the sponsoring of our running shirts and shoes. My brother might be the eight member if he can bring back his form after a stress fracture he suffered after the Milo Marathon. This is one of my dream, and that is coming to a reality. The countdown begins.Wish me luck.:)

Check it out at www.cebumarathon.com

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.