Monday, August 10, 2009

Garmin, a runner's perfect partner


I tried breaking the new Garmin 305 I bought last month for some test in last Sunday's long run. The couple of test in the oval using the watch using the auto lap (measures and loops specific distances)prove invaluable. Although the Garmin searches for a satellite would take a little time (3 minutes average), as soon as it locks in you'll be guaranteed of smooth transmission. I haven't encountered a single problem so far with its transmission. Last Sunday, I tried running it in an almost completely covered canopy from trees in the mountain passes which is probably the best scenic scenes I have run so far. Hoping the signal would cut, it didn't. Hoping it would read my speed incorrectly, it didn't either. Amazing, this is a perfect equipment for any runner. Downloading the data from the previous runs, I find it pretty extensive. Aside from the speed per distance which you could preset, it shows elevation as well as some important data in graphs! Even after only a few runs I would recommend this to any serious runner seeking to measure their performance.It is as complete as you can get. :)

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.