Tuesday, August 4, 2009

35, Still Hungry and Foolish.


I would be waking up in a few hours with mixed expectations. First, I'm a year older. yes, its another birthday to celebrate with my family. At 35 I could not ask for more. I thank God for the continued blessings: for giving me with an ever supportive and loving wife Jenni (where's my gift? hehehe), my ever huggable Pia(tot) who never fails to amaze me day after day despite the troubles of being a parent, a body that is still strong and getting stronger every day (talk about running the marathon 20 times), for a passion (photography) that like a Pandora box has opened my eyes to the worst and best part of living and for the financial blessings that keeps coming, despite the difficult times, to make way for more giving in education particularly. This Saturday, we'll be spending dinner with the orphans of Asilo. I'm fired up for it and its a best way to teach Pia that our lives should be lived like that, born to help others and to not focus on the worldly possessions that a lot of people nowadays see. As my friend recently told me, "Its game over for them".

Second, Tita Cory would be buried today. I might not have seen her personally, nor have agreed with her opinions from time to time but she's one woman I know who thinks of the country first than her own. Such a role model to emulate. Its a great loss to a country that has seen little progress as a nation since Edsa, besieged by corruption right and left that you its actually normal now to choose the lesser evil of all the presidential hopefuls. Tita Cory, Again Saludo Ako sa Iyo!

At 35, I feel good and its good to feel good! Like the many years behind me, there are still so many things to accomplish. As Steve Jobs of Apple might have pointed out in one of his speeches in Stanford University, I got to stay hungry and foolish. To do what I love doing and to live my life to the fullest. I have my own bucket list and its not even half full. But it will be done, one way or another. Like the Addidas ad I've come to know "Impossible is Nothing". It usually is.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.