Monday, November 9, 2009

2009 Epson Color Imaging Contest - I Won!

I won in the recent concluded 2009 Epson Color Imaging Contest! I'm so happy with this achievement, something that gives you the added adrenalin that some of my work is worth looking. Epson has been giving a contest every year and really its tough to win. This year's theme is "Unguarded Moments" which kind of tells you that this is a contest that fits those who love spontaneous shooting- the photojournalist way. This is a plus for me. I love photojournalism as much as I love shooting landscapes and travel. I told myself this is a tough shot to get in expecting a thousand entries but there's no harm in trying right? It was also my first time to enter into this competition. To enter among the top 21 photos (which made the competition more difficult)was just beautiful success!

So there I took great pains of getting the right Epson paper. I save myself the printer as our office printer for layouts is no other than an Epson! The hard part was selecting four of over thousands of photos I took over the years and looking for the right one which fits this years theme. After a few hours of scanning, the thousand was reduced to a hundred, then to twenty, ten then to the final four. There were a couple of my favorites to win. Guess what: It didn't! My wife choice made it!
Here's the photo of the winning shot including a brief description:



LOOK
This photo was taken while capturing the 2009 Sinulog Festivities early January this year. While being pinned inside the cordon erected to protect the carriage carrying the venerated Child Jesus during the annual religious procession, I caught this two sibling looking at the statue as it passes by their small store which was selling hand made statue of the saint.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.