Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Im Ready


Got my race pack today. Eleven months after my self imposed deadline to run a marathon within 2 years, No. 280 is ready. Pain is inevitable, suffering is an option, Japanese author and marathoner Haruki Murakami once said. I'll take that word from mile 1 to mile 26.

It is perhaps the most demanding of all the physical activities that I have done in my life not withstanding the pain and injuries that I have to live through. Yet every time I run, I am in a peaceful place. A place that deep down I feel great for being alive and to enjoy what life has given me.

SO within 2 days, I shall run my first marathon. I am ready. I shall not fail.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.