Friday, May 14, 2010

Bohol Escapade

We found ourselves in Bohol last month for our summer getaway. Having booked ahead in a nice beach resort called Linaw somewhere in Danao, Panglao Island, it was more than we bargain for I rather call it a boutique resort. More than once googling through the reviews in tripadvisor has rewarded me of better choices. This time was no different. Despite the faux pas that happened, booking us with one room short of our initial booking, they made us comfortable by putting us all in one big room without those expensive add ons you get in some other resorts.

The food was excellent and affordable and setting was quiet. It seems during our entire stay, we have the resort to ourselves despite full occupancy. We toured much of what is to see in Bohol for the stay and did some island hopping too. My new addition to the list was snorkeling in Balicasag Island. The marine life there, thanks to the conservation efforts by the locals, was beautiful.

My daughter Pia was the most enjoyed tourist of us all. Her boundless energy seems to rejuvenate on us, which we couldn't keep up by the early afternoon. By the time we left the island, we were black and bruised, but went home as happy tourists.










No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.