Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sawadee

After three days of cultural trip to the lost city of Angkor, off we went to the bustling and overheating megapolis in Bangkok. As expected the traffic snakes endlessly through the streets but thanks too the BTS skytrain and the MRT, they seem to ease the burden of travel. Shopping is predominantly be on the mind of every Filipino who goes there for its cheap but quality clothes and my wife is no exception.



After a trip to Ayutthaya's temples which seems to pale in comparison to the grandeur that is Angkor, we headed of to Platinum Fashion Mall in Pratunam for some wholesale shopping. Not that I didn't want it as we guys prefer to be on a coffee shop, shopping is extremely boring for us. So after two cups of frosted coffee and several hours later, I was relieved to end the day with unusually lesser bags to hold.







Another good area to shop is Suan Lum Night Bazaar. Just don't go to their malls. Its exactly the same as ours. Try the thai massage after a day of vein bursting walks through the heat of Bangkok which happens to be just arounf every corner or the Thai food which is extremely (believe me) chilly for most of us. Overall the trip was well worth it, thanks to the courteous and ever attentive staff of Shangrila where we stayed and was on a promo.LOL



No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.