Tuesday, June 16, 2009




"Less than 1% of the world population have run the marathon". A singular phrase that challenged me a few months back. I've always known myself to be an achiever. From academics to extra curricular activities to arts (photography) and now to sports I continue to push the limits to ability to succeed. There were a lot of failure, plenty of them but I trudge on never to give up. Its about self belief, self determination that I can do it and it has proven me a countless times.

And so starting last February, I started to run with one goal in mind...to run the marathon, a grueling and tough 42k not your ordinary choice decision to finish it in a self imposed two years time. By this week I have run continuously for 17 to 18K on Sundays and have joined 10 and 12k competition to psyched myself and by God it feels Good!

I run because of a goal and once again to test the limits of my ability, a personal testament of the human spirit. I'm running my first 21k this July 5 with Milo Marathon and hopefully with the self training schedule, my goal in January in the Sinulog Cebu Marathon, a full year ahead of schedule. Why not? Barring no injuries,I can do it. No doubt. In the end I've always cherished this words " What doesn't kill you would only make you stronger, better and faster". Kaya mo Yan!!!

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.