Monday, June 29, 2009

Marathon Week

There seems to be a deluge of fun runs and marathon run these days. Consider this: I've run three organized runs and forfeited one in just two months, pushing my fitness level to nth fold. Tiresome? Not really if you enjoy the sport as much as I do now.

The final week is up for my final preparation for my 1st half marathon, the Milo half marathon this July 5 in Cebu. Whats up for me in this week would be more on conditioning my body for the big push this Sunday. I'll just be running light maybe a 5k at our own backyard (subdivision) which is actually good as its elevated with a light/medium/high degree of slopes on tuesday and the oval in Abellana in Wednesday. Carbo loading comes next in the final day before the big day. I'll be running with my brother and some of my security staff. I'm sure I'll just stick up with running slower in the first 16-17K and a tempo run in the last 4K. That should propel me towards my goal of finishing the race within the cut off period of 2 hours and 30mins.

So to all the Milo half marathon participants, good luck to all of us. Kaya natin to!



The photo is the ABSCBN Kapamilya run 10K yesterday. I've clocked a personal record of 57mins 15s a fast one for me already. I'll try to beat that in some other races.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.