Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cebuano Artists



When a good friend of mine called me up asking me if I could shoot with him some prominent Cebuano artists as part for a publication of the Arts Council of the Philippines, I gave no hesitation.

For one, I have been missing taking portraits like this. Second, I can learn a lot from a gig like this no matter how little (fee) it is. Lets just say its for free or on an exchange deal. Its really beside the point. Just taking part is already an opportunity to learn more how to address my seemingly shyness to interact and more importantly direct a shoot.


With all the willingness I bought with me, it was a blast and tiresome too. I never thought shoot like these can be energy zapping. I didn't even direct. For all its worth, I made good to know where to find good light and how to position the subjects. With regards to the technical aspect of shooting outside shoots with strobes, I left it with more questions than answers! lol

Well, it gave me a break. I might be featured as well in their magazine who knows? lol. Crossing my fingers on that!

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.