Tuesday, March 16, 2010

On Food Photography

I have never learned how to cook great food, yet over the years of managing our restaurants and tagging along countless times to lunches and dinners, I have learned to appreciate and distinguish what is good and what is not for one's taste.

Now I have been thrust into the new field of food photography, much to my dreaded expectations way way back. Honestly like fashion photography, I'm not really a big fan of it. With the controlled environment it requires, its easy to say I'm not going to appreciate it more than I appreciate the freedom just to shoot just about anything else in the street. Maybe I was just born to eat good food.lol




But here I am, in the limelight with all the light strobes and the complete jargon of technicalities, I'm beginning to think I have not learned a lot on photography after two years. As they say, whenever and wherever you are able to shoot great food that can make anybody want to eat it, then you can shoot just about anything else.



Yes my friend, I am as dumb as Mr. Bean on this one yet I'm learning.Slowly. I might have hated it, which more than on several occasion have left me tired and spent but it money for business and above all I get to get new stuff like a full frame camera I have never dreamed of holding in my hands.Weeeee!




I have much to learn, I know its just the tip of an iceberg but I'm excited that once more I see an endless corridor full of doors waiting to be open.

Keep on Shooting!

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.