Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Lighthouse Run

When most of the runners were running in the Citirun in Lahug, I was running alone towards one of the iconic places in Liloan. Here in Catarman, the lighthouse built in 1904 and named after the place proudly still operates. Since I was not about ready to participate in the "weekly" Cebu City races giving myself a month to rehabilitate my knee injury, I decided it was best to run alone as I've always have and enjoy the scenery.

A run to the famous lighthouse which I have done a couple of times was on the top of the list. I was intending to run it easy, trying to test my knees for longer distance. The route that I plotted a day before was mostly asphalted which was good for the knees but had long stretches of elevation. I started the run earlier at 5am hoping to arrive there as the sun rises in the horizon.



I arrive one hour and ten minutes later with a moderate pace of 7:14 per kilometer and boy, the scenery was more than anything that can satisfy my run! Its amazing! It always has been! After staying for about 20 minutes I rode my back home knowing that running back was too long for my recently recovered knees.

Somehow, in there I realized that like the Catarman lighthouse, I hope that my passion for running would always endure the the test of time and always ready to give light to others the benefits of making it a way of life!

Keep on Running!

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.