Wednesday, April 7, 2010

1,000 KMS Milestone


Today I hit the 1,000 kms. marker literally hitting the road. The run was postpone a couple of days due the the sudden flu I got. It took me 14 months and one marathon to hit the milestone with 4 months of on and off training due to injuries.

Was it all worth it? A big Yes. Even with injuries which I felt would have eventually catch up on me in the future, running is a blessing that I can always cherish on as long as God gives me two healthy knees.

I hit the milestone at the Medalla Milagrosa Shrine in San Vicente Liloan. Its a nondescript shrine on top of a hill facing the Liloan Bay. Unusually, the Virgin Mary is facing the opposite side into the mountains. Its not maintained well which made me wonder if devotees still go here.

For now, I'll be chasing another goal, my 2nd marathon under 5 hours and within two years, hopefully would be joining the Cobra 70.3 Ironman Philippines. See you on the road, my friends!

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.