Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Framing the House


What is good on this hobby when you can't flaunt it? Having had enough of my wife's endless tirade of comments that I never have a single work being displayed in the house, I made the decision to make amends with the obvious. Thanks to my wife, truth to say, I consider it one of the better things I have done lately.

Call it a timed event, everything just fell into its place the moment our new teak wood console was delivered in the house. The white space above it seems so empty and a frame would have been a generous offering. From hours of conceptualizing, I ended up deciding that a large format high key B&W photo of my love ones is most befitting. Now comes the more harder part; looking for a good supplier of photo prints.

I was looking for an archival paper which I fell in love with when I saw some event photos printed on them in an event in SM Northwing a year ago. I went to several suppliers but they all seem to fall my passing grade until a friend suggested one. An small printing shop cum coffee cafe named Ultra Digital Imaging finally passed my stringent quality check.

Its not your average typical photo print. In fact its a print that has been emulsified to look like a painting. And its waterproof to last for generations! I would recommend this one, if your willing to pay a premium. Its expensive! They say you get what you pay for and Lo and behold, the final output looks superb.

Finally for one good reason my wife can finally smile. I love them and I was a fool not to make one a long time ago. But again, I can always reason out that this kind of photo print was not yet available then! lol

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.