Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Black Hole Sun


Today.I've experience a natural phenomenon known by many as a solar eclipse where earth, moon and the sun are in perfect alignment plunging parts of the earth into darkness. They say its the longest total solar eclipse of the century which shall be at its maximum eclipse for about roughly six minutes.

I've always been fascinated with these kind of event. Call me a science freak. In fact the subject besides History has always elicited at almost perfect grades when I was still in Junior High until I got to the University. I wonder now though why I didn't try something that is related to it like Oceanography or something. Maybe peer pressure just hit me when I was still choosing the course I wanted to enroll then. Nevertheless I'm not going to change anything for that sake. It would have change my profession but it doesn't change who I am. Science still fascinates me preferring NatGeo and Discovery over sports, soap operas and t.v. series. Maybe just maybe its the reason I've always been the outdoor guy.

The last time I've witness such a wonderful phenomenon which was still vivid in my mind throughout the years was when I was still in high school in 1988. This time the total eclipse would be seen partial in the Philippines. The best place to watch them was in India and China. I didn't see it though as I was busy prepping for an important matters. My wife told me to bring my camera but totally forgot, my mind drifting off into some important task at hand. Well there would always be next time and I would be 53 by then. year 2027..Crap!

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.