Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Its OK, Will just have to cut it over here!


Like a scene in one of the flicks we've seen when the doctor says something to a terribly stricken patient over his badly injured leg, I managed to composed myself to hear the gentle sounds from Doc Tony San Juan's lips, after poking and checking my right foot, he said that its perfectly alright to run again after 3-4 days of pain free foot.

Not that I'm in a hurry to run again. I just dread being sidelined for weeks or months. That would be a big blow to my training. I did get what the good doctor said a runners usual injury, the anterior tibial tendinitis. Its rather painful experience but nah its nothing more than a sign than your still alive!

With some anti-inflammatory medications, everything should be well again. The bad news though is that I have to dump my 3 month old Mizuno shoes because I bought the wrong size for running! Darn me! I should have researched in advance that when you buy a running shoe it must be an inch longer than your feet size. Lesson learned.

I'll be running again this weekend trying to condition my body and get back into a groove in time for next week race in Lapu-Lapu city, a 20K. July 26. I'm not planning to do marathon pace this time more like doing the usual slow Sunday long run. I'm just going to cherish the collective experience and enjoy it.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.