Thursday, July 30, 2009

Magellan's Cross



A trip to Cebu before would not have been complete without the trip to Magellan's Cross which is a Christian cross planted as ordered by the Spanish explorer Ferdinand Magellan as a symbol to Roman Catholicism in the Philippines. Its just a replica, the original would have been lost to the forces of nature long before when the the Americans said high five (up here)! Today it is not as famous as it has been before. While foreign tourists still flocks here and now, it is not often in the top list of Places to Go/Attraction to Visit when visiting the island mainly from the other attraction like the beaches which tourist look forward to nowadays.



In most cases, many of the locals today haven't gone inside the chapel itself. I pass by there more often than I could when I still go to Friday masses in the church yet I've been inside the chapel just only once. Still it has its historical significance aside from the Basilica Minore del Sto. Nino which is beside its chapel, the clear fact that it regarded as a symbol of Cebu as seen from the city's seal.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.