Thursday, July 16, 2009

Can the New Balance makes the difference?

I have this particular style of running that left my rehabilitation doctor confused. I don't know if he really knows how to diagnosed my problem or perhaps he found my case (if ever I had one) too much for him for the day. I run with my right foot rolling outward while the other foot rolling inward. My old pair of shoes could attest to that through the marks on the heels. It really doesn't bother me to run this way, which I see as perfectly normal, the way I am, but it does prone me to injuries if I didn't get the correct shoes. And thats where my problem began.

When I got my old shoes sometime in April, I had the feeling that it would help me run better from the old Nike's that just disintegrated one day maybe due to the constant pounding. The shoes were good, great cushioning, light weight, just the type that I wanted. So I bought the shoes with size 7 1/2 that I am use to. Big mistake. As soon as I hit the roads the following day, it left me with a foot tendinitis. It should have been a sign that the shoes were too tight for them. I let it heal itself. I ran and ran, 300 kilometers of pavement after that with no problems after that until the Milo Marathon.



To cut the story short, the tendinitis came back. I was literally on one foot for days. A visit to the good doctor Tony San Juan revealed it all. I was running with the wrong size. To cut the chase, I needed a new shoe. I have another one a Mizuno which is half an inch longer than my usual size but I feel its still too tight. Not that I could run on it but the lingering thoughts on getting the pain back keeps me from really pushing it for longer runs. So here I am at the crossroads of a barefoot man looking for his new shoes. There are several brands. A nike vomero 4, perhaps an Addidas, another Mizuno or a New Balance.

The New Balance with its good reviews won me over. Its rather expensive but lucky me its on sale 30% off. This sport is getting to be expensive, you ask my wife. Would it finally solve my running injuries? Would it make the rehab doctor look like an idiot for offering me a laser treatment so that he could just ripped me off? Or would it be another tragedy? I would soon find out. Wish me luck:)

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.