Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two Books, One Passion


While having a leisure stroll at the mall with my daughter last night after attending a Sunday mass in Redemptorist Church, by which my last visit to my personal account seems to be ages ago, I chance upon two books neatly placed side by side to each other. The familiar yellow squared symbol of National Geographic and the famous Afghan girl photograph on its cover caught my attention. The photograph by Steve McCurry and the subsequent search for the girl after 20 years draws me to the fascination that photographs we make captures a moment in time, frozen and powerful in every way and that we as photographers have the power to choose who going to be in it and who's not.

Steve's photograph of the Afghan girl is as strong and as powerful as her story. There are a plenty like this but a few stands out like this. The other book is a documentary photo book on the world at work. Seems to be a uninteresting subject to make yet a glance on a few pages shows how mundane things can be transformed radically on the photographers eye.


There was every reason I had to buy these books, not only because I am fond of collecting interesting books for the house but because they in every way it shows the art I love, and in my perspective the dream I want to do.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.