Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Slow down everybody your moving too fast. The frames can't get you if your moving like that.

Thats a phrase i got from one of the songs of an artist I love, Jack Jackson. It somehow provide a description of the Hong Kong that I know of. I don't want to pretend that I like Hong Kong because I don't. Not to live there anyway. I have no penchant to live in a city like this even if they give me a nice place to live up the steep enclaves of Victoria Peak. People might think that I'm crazy. OK, I'll pretend I am.(lol) Really its just not for me. Yeah, I can visit this glitzy place once in a while to enjoy and immerse on new cultures, to experience change from the monotony but not really the kind of place to race a family. At least not for me though. I'm not saying Hong Kong is a bad place to live. I'm just saying that If you got choices like me, I wouldn't make that choice. Others would love it here. Like many things, its more on the personal preferences.



Hong Kong by any standards is a fast lane baby. If you think Manila's life is fast enough for you, try Hong Kong. Everyday we saw ourselves being outrun by just anybody else, young and old.Like scrambling for a gold rush, they move like human speeding trains. I was not running but I bet they can outrun you if you tease them. No wonder I see more of the foot massage sign than a fat lady in the street. Perhaps they could easily win in the Olympics walkathon!

Again a miscalculation of my part, its a classic example of a material world. From jewelries and clothes, to fancy cars, All the biggest brands are here. My suggestion if you have a wife that fancies for branded bags, shoes and dresses, DON'T bring her here! You'll go home broke. You might as well go to Shenzen across the border where branded once are also available at cheap prices, the only thing is that their all fake. I do have this strong opinion that a lot of the people living here is just living a fake life. I'm saying this because I see a lot of them wear those Rolex, drives a mercedes benz, yet if you see where their living its totally distressing. They live in those tiny apartments that my bedroom is bigger than theirs. I call it a progressive regressive state. Its one thing to admire city center especially the high standards, its a different thing across the suburbs.



Ranked among the most expensive city to live in, to drink one bottled water and compare it to the prices where I live is already discouraging. Not that I'm discouraging people to go here. By all means, if you have the spare money for a vacation, go, have fun in this city. It wouldn't bore you. Either you love it or hate, that how they call it. I don't either way. Just don't ask me to live there.

No comments:

Shoot and Run


Rumblings of a Cebuano on a pair of running shoes and a Nikon on one hand.

About Me

My photo
Photography is my hobby, a long distance runner and an avid blogger, I consider traveling a dream and my family as my number one inspiration.